W e offer this amazing extracurricular activity at Bright kids ELC for FREE as we feel it’s an important aspect of learning the art of flexibility. Flexible Bodies= Flexible minds, which cultivates a growth mindset. Our very own Kindy Teacher, Miss Vesna is Cert IV teacher trained in Yoga and brings a unique and fun approach to breathing exercises and yoga poses to the program.
Our Kindy Program receives the highest results year after year for school readiness for these reasons: Our unique curriculum is balanced with all the necessary programs to develop life skills with a calm, focused, state of mind whilst harnessing resilience to have the capacity to deal with adversity and change. Our Pre Prep curriculum encompasses the kindy pilot program for formal schooling, Resilience for emotional and social development, yoga for kind, calm focused minds, gross motor sports for hand/eye coordination and our Aboriginal Pedagogy framework to embody the teachings of our heritage. Studies have proven, that over stimulated children with too many options of extracurricular, who are constantly entertained, suffer from short attention spans.
We chose this program to enhance our resilience approach by assessing and integrating our Mind, Body, Soul with intentional yoga practice that develops both gross and fine motor skills.
Children encounter emotional, social and physical challenges and conflicts which is a key reason we rolled out the resilience program in 2013.
There are five key areas where children benefit from yoga practice and each of them improves their overall well being.
- It enhances Physical Flexibility- promoting physical strength and learning to use their muscles in new ways which challenges various muscle groups.
- It refines balance and coordination – Balance is a key element. Balancing poses promote mental and physical poise such as mental clarity and stability emerge from the effort of calming and focusing. Coordination and balance promotes overall dexterity.
- It develops focus and concentration – the act of practising poses encourages children to clear their mind and focus on the effort. This flows over into concentration at school.
- It boosts self esteem and confidence- it teaches them to persevere, be patient and work towards their goals. When a child masters a pose it gives them confidence and builds self esteem as it is the child who has to work to succeed.
- It strengthens the mind-body connection – it helps children achieve a sound mind in a sound body by exercising the physical body and calming the mental spirit. This will teach children to behave with mindfulness, compassion, being brave and to know love and happiness through the practice of inner peace.