Nut-Free Muesli Bars
As we are a NUT FREE centre, we need to get a little more creative when it comes to healthy snacks.
These nut-free muesli bars are the perfect little lunch or afternoon snack and they are super easy to make.
I use sultanas in my nut-free muesli bars, but you can add whatever dried fruit your children desire.
And for that extra little health kick and crunch, add a tablespoon of chia seeds.
- 125g butter
- half cup (170g) honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- one tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup plain flour or gluten free flour
- 1 cup dried fruit – sultanas, apricots, dates etc.
- one cup plain rice bubbles
- 1 tbsp spoon chia seeds ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan-forced). Grease and line a rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and honey into a saucepan and heat until melted.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt and mix together well.
- Add the rolled oats, coconut, plain flour, dried fruit and rice bubbles. Mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and press down firmly and evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just golden. Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices.
From the mouth of babes
“this is yummy”
“sweet and tasty”
“I like this!”
That’s all from Miss Shanny in the kitchen until next month.