Looking for a healthy treat for afternoon tea or as a lunchbox filler?
This is a simple and fast recipe that is delicious!
Better still, “Junior Masterchef” is coming to channel ten very soon, get the children inspired and start them on a simple treat like this.
Tip for a Parent version; when making this for yourself to have with friends, I highly recommend adding walnuts, it takes it to a whole other level.
- One cup SR flour (other options: Gluten free SR flour )
- ¾ cup brown sugar (other options: 3 tablespoons raw honey, agave or rice malt syrup)
- Two eggs
- 2/3 oil of choice ( coconut is a yummy option for this)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Three carrots (grated)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Line your baking tin and pour in mixture.
- Cook for 15-20 at 180 degrees.
Served warm is the best!
Out of the mouths of babes
“I Love this cake”
“can we have this tomorrow”
We thought we would mix it up and give you a sweet treat for a change.
That’s all from Miss Peta and Miss Shanny in the kitchen.