Acknowledgement Of Country
” We would like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we meet today, and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today.”
We are an Aboriginal Sensitive Centre
We are proud to offer an Aboriginal Inspired educational program, collaborating with Traditional Custodian Aboriginal Elder; Uncle Allan Lena. The ‘Empowering our Youth’ program is embedded in our curriculum and modified to every age group. We invest in children our cultural knowledge of our native heritage and honour the land we have been given.
our vision is a journey of living, breathing and walking together to bridge the gap.
We collaborate every 3 weeks with traditional elder, uncle Allan, who teaches our native culture through interactive lessons. All lessons are linked to the EYLF program with educators and teachers extending on these lessons to consolidate the teachings, until Uncles next visit.
There are 7 Common ground features between mainstream and Aboriginal pedagogies that enhance learning for all children:
- Learning through narrative;
- Planning and visualising explicit processes.
- Working non-verbally with self reflection, hands on methods.
- Learning through images, symbols and metaphors.
- using indirect, innovative and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Modelling and scaffolding by working from wholes to parts.
- Connecting learning to local values, needs and knowledge.