Christmas Ham Glaze
One of the best things about the festive season is the food. Christmas Glazed ham is a staple for any Christmas feast.
- ½ cup cherry jam
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- One tsp mixed spice
- A 7 kg Full Leg Ham (bone in)
- Preheat oven to 170˚C (150˚C fan-forced).
- To make the glaze, place the jam, orange juice, maple syrup and mixed spice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until combined. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the ham on a clean work surface. Use a small sharp knife to cut through the rind 8cm from the shank. Run a thumb under the rind to separate from the fat. Peel back, sliding your fingers under the rind to remove, leaving as much fat as possible on the ham.
- Use a small sharp knife to score the fat at 1cm intervals, taking care not to cut through the meat.
- Place ham on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Brush the ham with half the glaze.
- Wrap the shank in foil.
- Roast, basting with remaining glaze every 20 mins, for one & 1/4 hours or until caramelised and heated through.
That’s all from Miss Peta and Miss Shanny in the Kitchen
Look out for our weekly Christmas treats