Australia Day Sausage Rolls
Australia Day sausage rolls to add to your shrimp on Barbie feast.
Super easy to make and something you know the kids will devour.
- One Packet Puff Pastry (6 sheets)
- 500grams Mince
- Two Carrots (grated)
- Two Zucchinis (grated)
- One Onion (diced small)
- One Egg
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Sesame Seeds to Garnish
- Lay puff pastry sheets on bench, cut in half length ways (you want to create 2 pieces to roll so from 1 sheet of pastry you are getting 2 long sausage rolls)
- Place all other ingredients in bowl and with your hand mix together until combined.
- Place the mince mixture in a log shape on your pastry and roll until you have a long sausage roll.
- Cut them into 7cm rolls and place on baking paper on oven tray, sprinkle with your sesame seeds and place them into oven to cook.
- 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown,
- serve with your favourite sauces even add little Aussie day flags to create a perfect display for your Australia Day lunch.
Happy Australia Day celebrations
That’s all from Miss Peta and Miss Shanny in the Kitchen